Consumer Complaint Policy
Statement of Policy and Procedures For Customer Grievances
Here at First Mortgage Direct, a division of Bison State Bank, we pride ourselves with providing excellent customer service. Should a customer have a complaint/grievance, they can follow the steps below to do so.
Procedures for Processing a Customer Grievance
1. When a grievance (either in writing or verbally) is registered with our company, we will ask to discuss the matter with the client within 3 business days. An in person meeting at the company will be offered to the client. If this is not attainable, we offer correspondence via email or by phone.
2. The clients file will be reviewed with the client and the specific complaints will be discussed. Every reasonable effort will be undertaken to satisfy the customer’s complaint.
3. A letter will be provided to the client’s file summarizing the discussion and the resolution of the complaint. A copy of the memo will be sent to the client. Any subsequent responses from the client will be placed in the client’s file. A copy of the complaint and the responses will be maintained in our companies required complaint file.
4. All complaints will be handled by our management team who will be reasonably available during normal business hours.
5. A complaint which is forwarded by the Department of Banking and Finance will be promptly reviewed and a response will be provided to the Department within 15 business days of the receipt of the complaint by the company.
Procedure for Complaints in Texas
Figure: 7 TAC §81.200(c)
“CONSUMERS WISHING TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST A MORTGAGE BANKER OR A LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR SHOULD COMPLETE AND SEND A COMPLAINT FORM TO THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING, 2601 NORTH LAMAR, SUITE 201, AUSTIN, TEXAS 78705. COMPLAINT FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE AT WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV. A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT 1-877-276-5550.
THE DEPARTMENT MAINTAINS A RECOVERY FUND TO MAKE PAYMENTS OF CERTAIN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY BORROWERS CAUSED BY ACTS OF LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATORS. A WRITTEN APPLICATION FOR REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE RECOVERY FUND MUST BE FILED WITH AND INVESTIGATED BY THE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO THE PAYMENT OF A CLAIM. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RECOVERY FUND, PLEASE CONSULT THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE AT WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV.”